Monday, May 16, 2011

Going political

Al Sharpton


Moammar Gadhafi
The scariest man I have ever drawn.


Michael Moore
No, that doesn't stand for Boise State on his hat.

Nancy Pelosi
Huh? Come again...


Osama Bin Laden
From Tora Bora to Bora Bora by sea. Courtesy of the U.S. Military.


George Soros
"Spooky Dude"



Here are a few caricatures I have done in the past week of political and/or famous figures. I enjoyed creating these immensely and trying out different media and styles in the process. The initial sketch was done on paper with red Prismacolor pencil and then scanned into the computer where I used a combination of Photoshop and Corel Painter to paint Al Sharpton, Moammar Gadhafi, and Osama Bin Laden. The caricatures of George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, and Michael Moore were done in Illustrator.
I find it interesting in myself how it is difficult for me to take my sketches to a final product-not because it is too time consuming or a hard task, rather, I find myself preferring my sketches best in the end. Something about finding the best, hard, finished lines to lay down over my sketchy lines takes away from the learning that happened during the initial phase of each of these projects. Or maybe this is just ADD talking. :D

No comments: